Welcome to Meidrim School
Ysgol fach â chalon fawr.......A small school with a big heart
Thank you for visiting our website where you can access information about our school.
Meidrim School is in the village of Meidrim which is located half way between the towns of Carmarthen and St. Clears. The school was built in 1908 set in the heart of the village. We have a play area suitable for the younger pupils 'the zoo' as well as a yard, and garden area.
Our school’s principal aims and objectives are to:
- Provide a happy, secure and welcoming learning environment for every child.
- Nurture an enjoyment of learning by building and developing the strengths and talents of all our pupils.
- Enable every pupil to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to be successful and confident learners.
- Sustain our high expectations in our pupils’ standards of achievement as well as the skills and professional development of all our staff.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and attitude essential for our pupils to become responsible, purposeful and effective citizens in our local as well as in the wider community.
- Ensure effective co-operation, trust and support amongst all members of our school’s community for the well-being and development of our pupils.